Use your school Google account to login to databases from home
1. Work quietly. Both adults and students need to use the library for study, reading and research.
2. Students may not use cell phones during the school day in the libraries, and must have them on vibrate after school. No calls in the library.
3. Students may not have food, candy or gum in the libraries. Drinks in sealed containers are the exception.
4. Keep book bags under tables and away from traffic areas.
5. Keep your feet off the furniture.
6. Do not sit on tables or share one chair. They are fragile.
7. Pick up library materials after use. Do not reshelve unless asked to do so.
8. Push in chairs when you leave.
9. Dispose of your trash in receptacles provided and take personal belongings with you when you leave the library.
BORROWING AND RETURNING
1. All library items must be signed out. Borrowing privileges may be suspended for students who remove materials without permission.
2. Lending periods for library materials are for two weeks and may be renewed. Periodicals, reference books, and laptops, may be used only in the library.
3. Upper School students should return US books to the book drop at the circulation desk.
4. You are responsible for items you borrow and for returning them. Do not lend your library materials to others.
OVERDUE AND LOST ITEMS
1. Upper School students will receive overdue notices three times a year.
2. Students with overdues may be unable to borrow.
3. Names of students with overdue materials are given to Ms. Savino in May and letters are sent home to notify parents.
4. Students will be charged for damaged or lost items.
Upper School Library charges are:
The replacement cost of the item plus any processing fees.
LS/MS Library charges are
(subject to change):
Reference $45, Hardcover $20, Paperback $5.
(Charges may be higher for items whose costs exceed the amounts listed above.)
LIBRARY COMPUTERS & EQUIPMENT
1. Use library equipment and electronic resources (including personal iPads) for schoolwork only.
2. Notify library staff if equipment is not working properly.
3. Log off computers after use.
4. Laptops are for use in the library only and not to be removed from the library. Return laptops to correct shelf on cart when finished. Do NOT plug them in.
5. Students must observe school policy when using the Internet in the library. No messaging or games.
6. Print sparingly and double-sided.
7. The US library provides a photocopier/scanner for student use.
8. Students may not use library phones without express permission.